Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Going Deeper...

I got the following email from someone who missed last Thursday's Worship Gathering and caught up with the message via podcast. I thought it might encourage some of you to know that God is calling some of you (hopefully lots of you!) into deeper places with him. So that the attention is on God and not this individual, I've edited (with permission) the text so that the email stays anonymous:

Erin,

I just listened to the message you gave this last Thursday on Gathering. Something that always amazes me is God's timing. Just in the last few days I've felt a pull to go deeper with Christ. It's not necessarily a new pull, but a renewed one. I feel like I've been trying to do things to get to Christ but missing something. A friend put it best when she explained it last night: it's like I've been striving to get close with Him. I think I need to abide in Him and realize that His presence is already here.

When we go deep in the river that is Christ, he pulls us wherever he wants. I feel like I've been wading for a while now and wish that the river would pull me into the deep as it pulls those who are already there. What can I do to loose the grip on whatever my toes are wrapped around? Or maybe I'm wading in the wrong direction. Either way, I've again realized where I'd like to be and that I'm not quite there yet.

Tomorrow night's talk will be on "Grow" and we'll address for a bit what it looks like in the Watershed context to go knee deep and begin to go deeper in the river (to let our toes loose their grip!). I'm excited that God is not only working in this person's life, but yours as well!