Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Retreat Wrap-Up

Wow! What a retreat! I have wanted to post about the retreat for the past three days, but haven't been able to find a good time to do so until now. To sum up my opinion of this past weekend: I've been on lots of retreats in my life (and get to go to a men's retreat from my church this weekend), many of them very good, but this one might be the best one I've ever been on. I'm not prone to exaggeration or hyperbole, so I say that with all seriousness and joy.

A huge thank you to everyone who went. You were GREAT participants and engaged in the wide variety of worship styles and activities with wonderful attitudes which allowed me to also worship freely despite being focused on teaching.

A few other thank you's...
Thanks to Steve and Rod for so ably leading us in worship through song. Thanks to Amber & Matt for buying all the food and overseeing the cooking. Thanks to Christina for the great games. Thanks to John for leading us all weekend and keeping us on schedule. Thanks to the Boy Scouts for letting us use the Allsop Center despite having a busy weekend hosting a Boy Scout conference. And thanks to God for the sunny day on Saturday and the great weekend.

If anyone has pictures from the weekend, email them to me at erin.bird@newcovenantbible.org, please!